What have I gotten myself into?
So far it actually hasn’t been too difficult – time consuming, yes – more complicated than it should be, yes – but not out of my skill level – yet!
I decided that I would find a pattern that would get me close to what I was looking for. I chose this one (and it was on sale for a dollar!)
I made each of my stripes 6 inches wide, giving the bottom white stripe an extra inch (7) for hemming and such. After seam allowances each stripe is about 5 inches.
Then today I started construction (after said trip to Joann, because I of course needed more fabric for the pockets).
I sewed the pockets on, sewed up one side, pleated the front where I wanted it pleated, and am ready to do the trickier stuff… Wish me luck!
This is where I am at with the project. It is coming together, but still needs to be gathered at the top before it will look like much of anything.